Sunday Stamping #10 A TON of Father's Day Wishes

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads and Moms who play both rolls (my Mom was one of them when I was growing up). Being a parent is the most important job in the world and it's always appropriate to give thanks and appreciation when we can.

I've noticed more and more stamp companies have come out with layering stamps. These stamps create an almost 3D look to your stamped image when layers are applied in a light ink to start and each additional ink darker than the first. Stampin' Up! has several layering stamp sets that I'm familiar with. At first I was a bit intimidated by them because I wasn't sure how to use them but with practice, I've become quite comfortable.

Freshly home from an Oregon Coast vacation, I spotted a wave layer stamp by a company called, The Ton Stamps.  It was one of those impulsive moments where I just had to have that stamp! The ocean wave stamp details are amazing. A wave is simple but can conjure up so many meanings for so many different people that I knew it would be worth the investment.  Once I received my stamp and matching die set I quickly went to work and made use of my Distress inks to make a simple, yet meaningful Father's Day card for my hubby.

Not only did he love it but when I posted it on Instagram, The Ton Stamps loved it too! They shared my card and commented on my post and I'm so thankful. I have to say, just knowing someone appreciates the cards I make, is the reason I make cards.  I mean, I love all the ink, stamps and artistic techniques but when it comes down to it, all I want is for someone to like them as much as I love to make and give them!

So, continue to have a TON of fun and happy stamping my friends!  I'll see you next Sunday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Fave Monday...Card Kit + Giveaway!

2nd I Love Sketches By Tsunami Rose Blog Hop Day 1

Sayonara Sunday Stamping