Sunday Stamping # 9 Graduation

Tis the season for graduations. You may have friends, family or even yourself soon to graduate and if so, congratulations! It's a super accomplishment to be graduating and a time to celebrate!  What do you need when you celebrate? Presents and a card to go with, of course! And I have the perfect card!
I chose a neutral color scheme using Stampin' Up!'s Easter Palace Designer Series Paper and coordinating  card stock along with gold glitter paper to go with any recipient. The gold just pops right off the card and adds a nice touch. The cap was easy enough to make with a couple of different sizes of my layering squares dynamics along with a mini tassel.

I'm so fortunate to not only have two wonderful nephews graduating (wish I could've been there when they did) this year but my own daughter will be walking down the isle Tuesday evening. My Mom, sisters and nephew (who just graduated yesterday) are due to arrive tomorrow! It's such a blessing to have family around on this momentous occasion. My daughter didn't have a great start to her high school career (she nearly flunked ninth grade!) but my husband and I rallied around her and offered her the best resources we could to encourage her.

We soon learned she suffered from an anxiety disorder and with help, she learned coping skills that would allow her to not only function in school but thrive! She ended her senior year with all A's and one B, two medals, one in media arts for her excellence in photography and the other for her excellence  in eduction for minorities (she is Native American). She will be graduating with an advanced diploma.

We are beyond proud and as I'm typing this, tears come to my eyes. It's not just what your kids do that makes them successful but more what you do to teach them, guide them and encourage them as their parents, that helps them see their full potential, this day and everyday!

Happy stamping friends! Congrats to all our Grads and kudos to all the parents!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Fave Monday...Card Kit + Giveaway!

2nd I Love Sketches By Tsunami Rose Blog Hop Day 1

Sayonara Sunday Stamping