Sunday Stamping #3 Birthday Edition!

This Sunday Stamping post is brought to you by, my birthday! Tomorrow is my official day of celebrating but for today I'd like to share how I've been celebrating the many days leading up to this joyous occasion...

My daughter, the photographer is looking over my shoulder as I post this and after seeing this photo, offered up her expert advice, "You know you really should edit that picture. It's not very good."

To which I responded, "Yeah, yeah, I know! My phone + the lighting conditions in my craft room can only do so much. This is as good as it gets girl."

I like to look at the content more than anything. Can you see the absolute wonderful content included here? We're talking Distress Oxide inks folks! Forget my birthday (not really) that's a celebration in and of itself!  Let us not forget one of my new favorites, Concord & 9th! Their products are so innovative. Really cool stuff!

So, in honor of my birthday, not to mention the fact I couldn't wait to play with my new inks, I decided to watercolor with them to see how they compare to their Distress Ink predecessors.  I also need to send out a card to my Mom. Her Birthday is only three days after mine!

I used Canson XL Watercolor paper and one of my new Concord & 9th stamps. I embossed the flower image with white embossing powder, smoothed the ink colors onto my craft mat and started adding color. I realize you can't tell in the picture but the colors blended so softly. They almost have a milky finish.
I let the ink dry then die cut the front and inside panels with Mftstamps wonky stitched rectangle dies.   The sentiment on the outside is from a Mft set that I received in their Beautiful Blooms card kit. Unfortunately that kit has sold out now.  The inside sentiment is from Extra Special stamp set by Altenew. And you can never go wrong with adding a few Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins!

The final card result is something I'll be proud to send to my Mom. 
Thank you for joining me on this Sunday Stamping. See you next week! 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Fave Monday...Card Kit + Giveaway!

2nd I Love Sketches By Tsunami Rose Blog Hop Day 1

Sayonara Sunday Stamping