Sunday Stamping #1

Lately I haven't found much interest in making anything! Being a Stampin' Up Demonstrator, I felt like I had to produce and when I feel like that, I don't produce. Don't get me wrong, I love Stampin' Up! and all other company products I collect but it's as if someone is telling me I have to do something and I don't like being told what to do...ever! So, I decided I'd take a break, come back and spend some time in my craft studio on Sundays no matter what I was feeling at the moment, and you know what? I produced!

There is a little thing called "retail therapy" I think it helped in my production this weekend. I'm a huge fan of Unity Stamps and I recently received an order from their newest release.  This, along with a new set of the entire Tombow marker collection got me in the groove to create some cards.

Aren't they pretty?!!!

Thanks to a late night listening of Amy Rysavy of Prairie Paper and Ink periscope broadcast where she shared her latest purchase of the complete set of Tombow markers I felt like I had to have them! It's a weakness on my part and acknowledging your weaknesses is the first step to admitting a problem...card making is not one of them.

Moving on...Check out this cute little bunny! I stamped the image on Canson XL watercolor paper, which I got super cheap at Michaels, by the way, fyi, coupons rock! I used versa fine black onyx ink and then heat embossed the image with clear embossing powder.


I used the "smooching technique" to apply ink to the background of the watercolor piece. I then used the markers to color in the bunny and I softened the colors using a water brush.

I went over the pink nose, feet and heart on the bunny with a clear sparkle brush pen by spectrum noir. Their glitter brush pens are awesome! They have so much pigment and the clear one really adds the glitter without disrupting the color of your project. I added the sentiment and adhered the watercolor panel to a basic black cardstock from stamping up. Stampin' Up! really does have the best card stock!

I was going to call it good but couldn't walk away from this card without adding a few of my favorite Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins. They're the best at adding a little something without feeling like you've over done it.

I'm so happy with how this card turned out. I've enrolled in a birthday card swap on Live Love Cards, it's a great community of card makers and a wonderful way to be inspired to create even when you don't feel like it. Someone over there is getting this card and I couldn't be more happier to send it!


 From now on Sundays are for stamping! See you next week!  :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Fave Monday...Card Kit + Giveaway!

2nd I Love Sketches By Tsunami Rose Blog Hop Day 1

Sayonara Sunday Stamping