Sunday Stamping #2

Hey there stampers!  Today I have a card featuring Stampin' Up! products.  There's only five days left in our annual Sale-a-bration sale! I wanted to feature one of the stamp sets you can earn for free by spending fifty dollars or more in my online store.  Make a Medallion stamp set (143274)is a versatile, elegant set that can be used for so many occasions.

I have to tell you, I made a video tutorial for this card but deleted it because of my many faux pas! At one point in the video, I went to open up my so saffron ink pad and the entire thing went flying across my desk ending up in two pieces!  Add that incident along with my continuous use of the word "um" and it was a recipe for disaster.  I don't know how so many people can execute such successful Youtube videos and make it look easy. I'm always nervous! I'll have to keep on practicing but until then, I have several step by step pictures (thank you iPhone) to show how I made this card:
I combined several stamp and die sets to make this card. That's one of the great things about Stampin' Up!, everything coordinates!


I used the layering circle and flourish thinlits to cut out the medallion along with early espresso, bermuda bay and so saffron card stock. The color palette was inspired by the Cupcakes and carousels designer series paper stack that is available in our occasions catalog until May 31, 2017.




Step by step I take you through the process of this card, first stamping the medallion in so saffron ink then stamping the layer in bermuda bay ink. I used the circle framelet and the flourish dies to cut out the elements of the card and used my die brush to easily remove the small cut pieces from the flourish  dies. I assembled the pieces by popping up the medallion on a layer of bermuda bay card stock using dimensionals then adhering everything with tombow mono multi glue. I then stamped the greeting on a piece of very vanilla card stock and adhered it to the inside of the card.

Lately I've been decorating the inside and the envelopes of the cards I intend to send. I think it adds a thoughtful finishing touch. I really love how this card turned out. Thank you for joining me for Sunday Stamping deux! See you next week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Fave Monday...Card Kit + Giveaway!

Sayonara Sunday Stamping

2nd I Love Sketches By Tsunami Rose Blog Hop Day 1