My Fave Monday...Back to School

Where I live, the elementary schools are year round.  I secretly wish all the schools were year round instead of just the little kids.  I have one of each kind of kid, little and not so little.  I say secretly because I'd never tell my older daughter I'd prefer she weren't home for nearly three consecutive months out of the year verses one month out of every three.  She might think I don't like her, and that's not the case at all.  It's more the moments with her sister I dislike.  I don't remember every being so antagonistic as a child, but I'm certain my siblings would disagree.  Besides, my daughter had to get if from someone.

Today marked a milestone in my house.  My youngest started the fifth grade!  Time flies when you are having fun or rather, just growing up in the midst of your parent's disbelief.  I honored the day by taking a quick photo and creating this layout to share with all of you.  You, not being my first thought, but a close second seeing how I like to share and all.
This is the time I like to remind myself why it's not so much of a bad thing to horde craft supplies.  The paper I used in the back round for this layout has to be a good three or more years old.  It's from Sassafrasslass...do they even make this stuff anymore?  I paired the patterned paper with my staple and go to card stock from paper trey ink, along with some newly acquired ephemera  by Amy Tangerine.  I love her stuff!  Click the link if you get a chance, she has some cute products.  I also used some Thickers  for the title and lovely ribbon and flowers from my Simon Says Stamp August card kit....see, they're good for more than just cards! 

Back to school, one kid down, one to go!  It's my fave this Monday.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Fave Monday...Card Kit + Giveaway!

Sayonara Sunday Stamping

2nd I Love Sketches By Tsunami Rose Blog Hop Day 1