My Fave Monday...Dies

Well that title sounds a bit morbid, doesn't it?  I'm reluctant to insert a picture here, as I'm sure my sense of humor might offend most and only amuse a minor few.  Rest assured, there will be no morbidly entailed animations to follow this sentence, although, I put them in just as fast as I deleted them.

I'm talking about these kind of dies...


And get this, they're called My favorite Things Die-namics.  How's that for catchy marketing?  I just got these in the mail last week and couldn't wait to play! 

Here's a card I made with the banner die and scallop circle die.  Aw...just in time for Valentine's Day.

Now, I have an electronic die cutting machine that will pretty much cut any shape that I want it to.  The main difference between owning a die cutting machine and owning dies is the type of product that is allowable to cut.  My machine cuts paper.  End of story.  I've been told it can cut other mediums and I've tried but either it's operator error or the machine is just not equipped to handle a sturdier substance.  I think it might be a little bit of both.

A die, on the other hand, gives you a great deal of versatility.  I can cut paper, cardboard, chipboard, fabric and felt to name a few, or rather, a bunch.  Which can be an endless possibility for creativity.  That's an option worth the investment. 


It's not only what you can cut with dies but what you can do with them.  These are the mini rolled roses die.



And here they are all rolled up into paper roses.  How stinking cute is that?  Great thing is you can customize them for any project by using coordinating pattern paper.  Of course, I didn't have to tell you, I'm sure you knew it already!

So, dies are my fave this Monday.  If you've never tried them, do!  They're a great way to extend the use of all the products, and whatever else it is you're hoarding, in your scrap booking and paper crafting projects.  Have fun!








Comments

  1. Love MFT dies. Just ordered a few for myself a couple of days ago.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Fave Monday...Card Kit + Giveaway!

2nd I Love Sketches By Tsunami Rose Blog Hop Day 1

Sayonara Sunday Stamping